Friday, July 13, 2012

Fun Friday!

I'm back to blogging!  We'll see what happens.  I thought I'd start back with a fun post since it's Friday and I'm having fun!  I'm visiting my Mom and spending our time relaxing, thrift store shopping, eating junk food, and really just relaxing.  It's great!  It's such a nice break.  Plus, she has cable TV that I can watch.  Here are some things that I'm really enjoying on this Fun Friday.

I'm really socially interested in learning about people of different cultures.  Yesterday, I watched a few shows about a Hutterite colony.  Their culture is just so interesting to me.  They are very religious, live in colonies with people that are all related to themselves and only marry other Hutterites.  And some of them have the most bizarre accent.

A few days ago, I was watching a show with my friend about American Gypsies.  It's really like watching a train wreck.  You don't want to watch, think that you could be doing something so much more beneficial, but you can't keep your eyes off of it.  It's bizarre.  They are very conservative, but you would never think that from looking at them.  They are what Americans think Muslims are.  The men are in charge and work and the women stay in the home cooking, cleaning and taking care of the children.  The women dress really skimpy which is just so weird because they will be talking about how they can't have sex before marriage and some won't even kiss before getting married, but they are standing there wearing these crazy clothes.  Check out these gypsy "fashion" pictures.  My eyes.  They burn.

I'm totally in love with stupid jokes.  Like these:














I made these Spicy Black Bean Burgers a few weeks ago.  They were seriously delicious.  Delicious!  I used Cholula for the hot sauce and added all the panko to the burgers rather than coating the outside.  Next time, I would make 6 patties instead of 4 because they were pretty big.  Yum.

I'm in love with Pinterest.  If you don't know what it is or haven't started using it yet, I would recommend that you stay away from it.  Addicting.

Ramadan starts in about one week.  Wow.  Time goes so fast!  I really need to take better advantage of my time.  The time that I have been gifted in not having kids and being able to not have to work full time.  One day soon I think I'm going to come up with some short term and long term goals so that I don't feel like I'm wasting away my days.  I think Ramadan will be hard this year but I'm really looking forward to growing spiritually throughout the month.

1 comment:

  1. I need to make those burgers! And then watch Hutterites and Gypsies!

    ReplyDelete