Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A New Normal

My gorgeous son is almost 7 months old.  I'm seven months into this crazy amazing journey of motherhood.  I haven't figured out my new normal yet.  I still yearn for the days that I could relax in my pajamas reading magazines and watching bad television.  I crave a moment where I don't have a human being attached to my body.  I want to sleep alone and for longer than 3 hours at a time.  Despite the lack of sleep, the little person that lives in my house that has a constant need for some kind of attention, and the lack of personal time; there is no way that I would change where I am right now.  Mohammed is a beautiful soul with a huge smile that is almost always there.  He thinks I'm hilarious.  Baba and I are his world right now.  We are the only things that matter to him.  And honestly, we could do it without Baba.  Not that we want to, but we could.

I have to embrace our new normal.  A normal that includes poopy diapers, a lack of me time, and some sleepless nights.  Although the challenges seem to overtake my new normal, the benefits are infinitely better.  The adorable smiles.  The laughs.  The cuddles.  Watching this little human grow so quickly.  It's a beautiful time that is quickly going by.  It seems like yesterday I was pregnant.

As time progresses, I'm trying to live more and more in the moment.  I've spent a lot of time going over things I didn't do.  Goals I didn't accomplish, both little and big, before and after Mohammed's birth.  All I can do from this day forward is try to give my son and my family the best life for us.  To live each day to the fullest and try to extract as much joy from Mohammed's adorable face as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment